Google’s Chromecast is the one among the cheapest and easiest methods to stream whatever you wish to see on your TV.
Though it is one of the easiest methods, setting up or configuring it can be a tough task. However, it can be done easily by using the following step-by-step instructions.
Methods to Configure Chromecast
The general or vital instructions to configure Chromecast are:
Step1: Plug in the Chromecast, as well as download the Google Home App.
The first step to start the Chromecast setup is downloading the Google Home app. The app is formerly known as Google Cast App. Google Home App was previously known as Android and iOS.
Now, if your Google Chromecast is an eBay find or hand-me-down, you may require to “take a moment to factory reset” prior to continuing. When it comes to Chromecast, there are several generations of Chromecast, as well as a brand new app. Though this is a fact, the general process to setup doesn’t have any change.
- Unbox the Chromecast and connect it with the electric port and wait till it gets power up.
- Once you see the setup prompts on the screen of your TV, Google Chromecast is ready for configuration.
Step2: Connect your tablet or phone with the Chromecast.
The method of connection may be a little bit different depending on the Chromecast’s generation. Setting up Chromecast’s first-generation and other generations are quite different. This mainly occurs because of the shapes, the first generation is a long dongle looks like a thumb and other generation looks like discs.
The 2nd generation Chromecast, as well as the Chromecast Ultra, are compatible with Bluetooth. If you plug in the factory reset or new second generation, then you will immediately get connected to the Bluetooth.
When it comes to Chromecast of the first generation, you have to connect it temporarily with the ad-hoc Wi-Fi network. This ad-hoc Wi-Fi network is the alternative method for the new generation Chromecast as well.
- Once your Chromecast gets connected to your tablet or phone, you can set up the Google Home app. Thus, you can complete the setup or configuration process.
- Almost all the time, there will be a prompt on the app automatically to initiate the configuration process when you open it. If there is no prompt, then touch the device icon given on the upper right corner.
- On the top of the screen, you will see a group of devices to setup. Confirm that the Chromecast identifier shown on your phone and TV screen is the same. Then, choose the option “Set Up”.
- At the beginning of the setup process, the app confirms the identifier assigned temporarily to the Chromecast. Choose the option “Continue”.
- Now, a confirmation code will appear on the TV screen. Choose “I See It” option.
- Choose your region and Continue.
- Then, give a name to Chromecast as per your convenience.
- Click the option “Continue” and enter the credential of the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect with the Chromecast.
Note: If you are not interested to give a name, then you have another option. You can decide whether your Google will receive crash reports from your Chromecast or not. Along with this, you can also check Guest Mode is enabled or not.
After the connection setup, if you want you can link your Chromecast or Google.
As additional info, know how to cast music and videos to Chromecast.
You can use your Chromecast using two methods – one is from your computer and the other is from your mobile device from chrome. Though both the casting methods are good, casting using a mobile device is far better as compared to computer casting experience.
Getting benefitted from your Chromecast is an easy process. All you need is an app with built-in castings such as Netflix, Pandora, or YouTube. If you load the app, which is compatible with Chromecast, then playback is an easier and simpler process.
If you have read the full blog, then we believe that you are crystal clear on how to configure Chromecast. It’s because we have written the configuration method clearly and simply so that you can understand it without any effort.
Still any doubt? Comment below.